Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding: The Shower

Julia Roberts may have fallen in love with her best friend, but I adore mine!   She is truly my best friend.  So when she FINALLY got engaged this fall, I was eager to throw her a shower.  You see, she met her groom when WE (Swiss Miss and me) were on a cruise vacation.  And I credit myself for leaving at some strategic times and ALLOWING this romantic connection to happen on the loooooovvvveeee boat! 
Here they are!  The Bride and the Groom (plus the twin)…

Her fiancé calls her Swiss Miss, because well that’s a long and involved story, but let’s just say her mother went on her honeymoon to the Switzerland and 9 months later my best friend (along with her twin) made her debut into this world! 
So here is the first installment of My Best Friend’s Wedding:  The Bridal Shower.
First, the other hostess and I determine the colors.  Red, Black and White.  Keeping it simple and classic.

So the shower planning began.  And the most important element of the shower (besides Swiss Miss, of course) was food, food, food.  So we picked apps and desserts that we knew Swiss would love.  How do you think we did?

Hungry, yet?!
Food was crucial because Swiss is an amazing cook.  Everyone and I mean everyone who is friends with her will agree with me.  So we thought it would be fun to include recipe cards in the invitations.  The instructions to the guests were to “share their favorite recipe” with Swiss to add to her recipe collection.  We found this perfect little recipe box from Esty. It’s listed as sold, because we bought it but there are other ones that are just as cute!  And as favors, her twin came up with the idea to have packets of “Swiss Miss” for the guests.  Swiss’s mom brought us the adorable picture of Swiss baking…just perfect!

We asked her fiancé some questions and then at the shower we asked Swiss the same questions while she opened gifts.  Let’s just say she was right most of the time!  It was a great way to interact with the bride and the guests (and learn some fun stories about Swiss).


The countdown is on…6 weeks to the wedding!!


1 comment:

  1. that looks like an amazing shower!!! I love the colour theme!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...