Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Designer Crush: Delphine Manivet

Gabriel + Fanny via OnceWed
 I came across this wedding awhile ago, but found myself going back to it.  Reasons why:

1.) I love her Dress.
2.) I love the veil knotted with her hair.
3.) I love her braided hair under the veil.
4.) They have a BEATLES BUS!
5.) It's French.
6.) I love her Dress.

So because I loved the dress enough to put it on the list twice, I decided to stalk down the designer.  Luckily for me and my amateur stalking skills, most websites link the designers.  And so became my love affair with Delphine Manivet's designs.


Delphine Manivet
 I found myself perusing her website longer than a single girl should.  Mainly due to the little vignettes next to the dresses themselves. 

Delphine Manivet
When I was little I always wanted to design wedding dresses.  Well that, while owning an orphanage in a castle on the cliffs during the winter and staying at my dog rescue ranch during the summer.  I had some strange dreams.  That being said, I decided to start sketching again.  These two are my first attempts.  


Note to self: Maybe try to make the brides look less alien like.  Here's hoping I get a little better at this!


1 comment:

  1. Note to you: your styles are beautiful. Don't worry about the models!...My orphanage was in Switzerland....and I quote Mary Poppins also!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...