Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the Marcella

I had previously mentioned trying to do friend inspired wedding stylings back in the day.  The original idea was to have one every Friday, but seriously, life has this tendency of getting in the way.  It's funny how that happens, huh. This has been in the making for a long time now, so I figured I'd go ahead and get it done so I have no excuses to start the others! 

When the first couple posts started being viewed, a few friends emailed me inspiration weddings they liked.  Actually, some were weddings, some were dresses and some were just colors.  The funny thing is, none of these said friends are engaged.  It's reminiscent of sitting in my college dorm and picking out wedding colors and all the different styles we'd have depending on the season.  What, you didn't do that?

Marcella was the first one to send along a blog entry wedding from Green Wedding Shoes. So here we go!

The Inspiration Wedding

She had named a few key words as to what she had in mind as far as a venue was concerned.  Throwing all these instructions (and towns provided) out the window I settled on a little ole mansion in Austin.  Note: She went to school in Austin and it's the home of our Austin City Limits adventures.  It would make for a fun weekend if I do say so myself.

The Venue: Barr Mansion

Now for the fun part, the bridesmaids.  I sent her an option of 3 colors, all neutralish (due to her inspiration).  She picked a light lavender, but I thought I'd mix in the greys and blushes that were the other options.

The Maids 

The Bride

Above are the dresses from the inspiration shots she provided me.  I figured if she didn't want to copy exactly, I could also see her going the more traditional route in something classic below.


The accessories might not be quite on par, but I could see her wearing ridiculously fun shoes with jewelry with some sort of family sentiment to the pieces.  A girl's got to have the something borrowed!

Just for fun, the first dance would be to a little Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat...

"Lucky"


And they all lived happily ever after, even Marcella's maids. ;-)


PS All image sources can be found on my Pinterest Marcella Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...